10 minutes of activity to start. Great article on getting off your butt and doing something.
- “I know I should exercise, but I’m just not motivated.”
- “I have a family, a job and I just don’t have the time.”
- “I wouldn’t even know where to begin.”
- “I just don’t have the energy.”
Changing lifestyle patterns can be as difficult as quitting smoking or successfully maintaining weight loss. Patterns (even destructive ones) create a sense of stability. In general, it is psychologically easier to repeat behaviors that end badly, than to move forward in a new uncertain direction. The unknown is intimidating and the fear that “things could be worse” almost paralyze our progress. So, how do we reduce the fear and anxiety that the word EXERCISE causes?
- Change the word to ACTIVITY. We do many different activities in a day. We are used to activities. If we simply classify exercise as another activity it becomes less daunting.
- Make your own list of ACTIVITY(S)…
View original post 318 more words