Good vs. Evil
Teresa Dean Smeigh copyright August 2015
I renounce you Satan!
Break your grip on man.
I announce myself to God
Let him proudly see me nod.
Yes, I’m with you my Lord,
Bring out the heavenly sword.
I want everlasting life,
So will my loving wife.
Oh Lord, my God!
I need you!
Be gone, Satan!
WEEK OF AUGUST 17
Two words are offered each week for consideration. Each word has a similar definition, but one is more expressive. You can pick either word, or both, to use in your story.
“The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do.” ~ Thomas Jefferson
1. Go write something using the prompt – fiction, poetry, thrillers, fantasy, romance, personal memoir… anything.
2. Use either prompt, in any tense or form, as long as it’s grammatically correct.
3. Try to keep your missive to 700 words or less, but don’t worry too much about length, we won’t count.
4. Come back here to link up in the comment section below.
5. Deadline to enter Sunday, midnight CST (5 a.m. Monday GMT).
6. Only one entry per person.
“Abnegate“ and/or “Renounce”:
[verb] reject (something desired or valuable); formally declare abandonment of (a claim, right, or possession)