I need help. I trust in Jesus and he is probably doing this as part of his plan for my following in his footsteps while he develops a plan for me, but I am suffering in the meantime and though I am honored to follow the plan he fashions for me, some relief would help in the  meantime if he will let me accept it.

Here are the biggest problems:

Knees (worse), but all joints are subject to the arthritis – has to be joints since it isn’t the trigger points from my Fibro which Is currently about a 5/10. I have been using Arnica Cream, best out of what I have on hand. Prescription Voltaren is useless.

IBS – no matter whether I eat healthy or junk, it gives me terrible stomach pain and accompanying constipation and then quickly changes to diarrhea. What am I supposed to eat.

Acid Reflux – ugh. Wake up choking on acid and then swallow it. In misery for hours. Trying to sleep as upright as I can, but three pillows so far and useless. 2 straight days. Been in bed 2 days.

Tessa

Advertisements

38 thoughts on “To my friends, medical problems – do you have suggestions, any and all accepted. My body is weird.

1. Tessa Post author

Thank you. I tried sleeping on 3 pillows, but they just sink flat. I did restart my medicine. I wanted to stop it because even with it I get acid reflux at times, but not two days in a row and as severe. Do you think one of those wedges to put under the pillows might help?

1. bringbackhisgirls

My dear Tessa,
    I am so sorry to hear about this 😦 I don’t know if this will help or not, but this actually happened to me about a week ago. I’ve been trying to change my sleep schedule to wake up about an hour or so earlier, and in doing so, my body only got about 4 hours of sleep the second night I tried to go to bed earlier. That whole evening, night, and following day was spent with weird acid reflux, symptoms close to the ones you describe about IBS (though not full-on diarrhea), and a very tired, groggy brain. Have you changed your sleep schedule, recently? How long has the IBS and acid reflux been occurring in this way?

Jesus is near. Praying, my sweet friend and sister in Christ!! ❤

With Love,
    Annalee

Liked by 1 person

1. Tessa Post author

Thank you Annalee. I never have a constant sleep period. Here it is 3:30 AM and I am wide awake. Sometimes I sleep in cat naps, 30 minutes or so at a time. Some times I will sleep (during the day) for 6-8 or hours. No set hours. and trying to change doesn’t work. If I sleep for 2 hours for the whole day I still won’t sleep that night even with no nap. I can’t regulate and never have. But all I seemed to get was a very tired, groggy brain or if mania I am wide awake no sleep needed. acid reflux for 2 days so far and none this morning yet., but I am upright right now. And IBS for a few weeks straight. I was used to getting it once or twice a week if I ate fried food. It actually started on a day I had a salad. I don’t eat 3 normal meals. I usually eat one meal depending on sleep schedule for the day. Thanks my sister in Christ! ❤

2. SonniQ

Tessa, you’re not able to digest your food. The acid in your stomach is forcing it back up. The bacteria in your intestines is probably wacked out. My suggestions is start boiling chickens and drinking just the broth all day. Its soothing and healing. Eliminate all other food so it doesn’t irritate your stomach and intestines. It will help take care of the constipation and diarrhea. When that happens start adding very well cooked vegetabvegetalbles so it digests easy. Whole foods no matter how healthy you can’t digest. When your body can digest the soup add yogurt to your diet by first mixing a small amount in the soup. Store bought yogurt is no good. They don’t process it naturally. They add pectin to thicken it instead of letting it naturally ferment. ( look on the label and see) I have made my own yogurt for years it’s so easy. Ill give you a recipe if you want. It’s so good you’d never eat store bought again. You need this bacteria to heal your digestive track and this all is easy on your stomach. Its non acidic… When you boil the chicken, slow boil at least 3 hours because you want the nutrition from the bone marrow. Your brain is groggy because your gut isn’t working. The gut is called the second brain. If you want to get well you have to stop eating anything that breaks down to sugar – no carbs – no wheat. Once its healed you can add some things back but remember, you are what you eat and your body is telling you iit’ss angry at what you’re feeding it. Side benefit -you’ll lose weight. But first of all you need to get well. Look for a book called G.A.P. Syndrome. Gut and Psychology Syndrome. I was very sick after a liver transplant. Reading this book over and over and following it allowed me to heal. I found it on Amazon. Good luck to you.

Liked by 1 person

1. Tessa Post author

Thank you. You can send the yogurt recipe, but I don’t drink milk or eat yoghurt because it upsets my stomach (most likely in my head, but started as baby). We can give it a try. I have upped my sugar lately in the last few weeks. Larger amounts than normal. Could be part of it. Son yells at me for all the sugar. I am also not a veg eater except for some raw veg. Just started eating raw carrots for snacks. What vegetables do you suggest or is all that in the book? If I can find it.?

1. SonniQ

Ill put the recipe together for you. You shouldn’t eat raw veggies right now. To hard to digest. You should find a health food store and tell them you need capsules of enzymes to digest your food. It made a big difference for me. Cut out ALL sugar. It is actually an addiction. Cut out all processed food. Understand that the line “You are what you eat” is very real. Your body right now is telling you you have to change what you put in it our you will probably get sicker, especially the older you get. You don’t have a choice. You can’t keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. You need to clean the toxins out and let your insides heal. It won’t happen in a week. You’re addicted to bad food. Tell me honestly what you would eat in a day. Everything and ill tell you what’d wrong with it. I am just a layman who has done years of research to stay alive. I should be dead. You can get the book on Amazon. It was written by a neurologist who had an autistic son. She cured him by changing how he digested food. It’s an interesting story. It was it cured all kinds of digestive problems. So to begin go buy a couple chickens – organic ones so there are no hormones or preservatives in it and drink broth all day. It’s very healing and nutritious. You can cut up pieces of skin for bulk. Do only that until you digest it right. Never use store bought broth. It’s awful and has MSG in it or autolyzed yeast extract (same thing) Most milk is bad for you because what they feed cows. You body might not like milk and there are tablets you can get at the health food store that fixes that, but you might be okay with yogurt. I make it only with organic whole milk. ( I made a batch today) You need the good bacteria you can only get by fermentation. How are you getting calcium, magnesium, vit D into your body? Tessa, you can change this, but if you don’t, it won’t get better. All you’ll do is take drs meds to cover up symptoms. I take it you’re not a sorting chicken either. I’ll be 62 this year. You’ve had a life time of unhealthy eating. Decide what is important to you. As we age we think “old age” diseases are normal. They aren’t. But your body only has what you feed it. Until you get the book and educate yourself eat things easy to digest. Nothing acidic. No tomatoes or oranges buy organic Greek yogurt till you make your own. Add a little honey, vanilla and cinnamon and cut up very ripe bananas for potassium – and chicken broth. Nothing else. Slice ripe bananas and freeze them. When you thaw them there will be very sweet liquid. Thawed bananas are great in yogurt. If you do this you don’t have to add honey. If the yogurt bothers you then you need pills for digesting milk. My sister has to take them. I guess that’s enough for now! Lol.

Liked by 1 person

1. Tessa Post author

Thanks for taking the time to write that out.My son and I agree that it is too much work. I don’t cook. Big problem. Hate the taste of milk and yoghurt. Mentally allergic to those 2 products. No problem with cheese and ice cream. It is not my system that can’t digest it. They joke, but If I drink milk, half the glass is chocolate. I will be 60 this year myself.

3. kate1975

Have you had test for stomach and gall bladder? I would totally recommend seeeing a gastro doctor. One thing I have considered trying is the hemp/marijuana oil, which is legal in all states. I sent you Reiki this morning.

Good and healing thoughts to you.

Kate

Liked by 1 person

1. Tessa Post author

Thanks Kate. I don’t have a gall bladder. Came out 30 years ago. Been to Gastro dr. Did endoscopy, put me on protonix, but then insurance wouldn’t insure it. I have had an ulcer and I have a hiatal hernia and those attacks are very painful. Many long years with stomach problems. Nervous stomach as baby. On anxiety medicine then and still. Thanks for the Reiki.

4. Gabriela

Yes probiotics and Glutacaps. All rebuild the lining of your stomach and intestines, which sound very damaged. But it can indeed heal! You can either get a capsule or powder if you prefer for digestion. I had awful stomach issues for years that only now has gotten better with those two things (and diet change). I know some high quality supplements if you are interested. Take care!!

Liked by 1 person

1. kate1975

I use the gnc brand of probiotics. I started out with the highest amount they have, ultra probiotic complex 75 billion cfus for 20 days, after using antibiotics. I am on 25 billion cfus. The probiotics are great for digesting foods through the digestive system. There sre less costly and more costly probiotics out there.

Have you been tested for h pylori. I had it twice and was horrible, so glad that was solved again. I too have a hiatal hernia. I will send you Reiki again tonight.

Good and healing thoughts to you.

Kate

Liked by 1 person

1. kate1975

Also please try another appointment with a gastro doc. It might be best to get a list of what meds your insurance will pay for. Your reg doc should be able to prescribe something while you wait.

Kate

Liked by 1 person

2. Gabriela

Hi Tessa, yes assuming you don’t have the other issues mentioned(ulceritive colitis etc) the supplements can be found at rfvitamins.com The reason we recommend those over larger companies (such as what you might find at Walgreens, Whole Foods, GNC, or Target) is because a recent study showed that many of those larger companies unfortunately had supplements that actually did not have the ingredients listed on the bottles! They had other fillers. Which ends up not helping people reach their health goals. You can see if they ship to your location on the website as well as look around at their products. Though the price is a bit more, the quality is much better. I read you struggle with sleep as well and they recommend a Pure Magnesium before bedtime. They have that on the site as well. This helps regulate the hormonal system, muscoskeletal support(joint aches), and the Glutacaps and ProbioVive help coat the stomach and intestines with good bacterial growth as well as reduce inflammation. I agree with others about cutting down the sugar as this irritates the stomach and eats up the lining. I have replaced breads with sweet potatoes and it has helped.

5. lisamariagardiner

My suspected IBS turned out to be ulcerative colitis, I can relate to the symptoms of painful cramps, constipation followed by diarrhoea. I take permanent anti-inflammatory melds but find peppermint tea or capsules worked to sooth the gut. I only had acid reflux whilst pregnant but found sleeping propped up and sipping cold milk helped.

I’m sorry you feel so poorly – I hope it eases x

Liked by 1 person

6. Susan Langer

I am sorry for your food issues. I don’t have any except that I eat too much and am diabetic so I have to watch how much I eat. Could you get a used recliner to sleep in? That would help you to sleep upright and be comfortable. Just a thought. I’ll keep praying for you.

Liked by 1 person

Feel free to leave any feedback!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s