Tilly eyed the blank canvas out of the corner of her eye. Her mind was just as blank as the canvas. She needed a subject for her next painting. She just didn’t know where she wanted to go.
She glanced over at the current novel she was reading, her mind wandering.
She decided to do a still life. She dived into it as she wanted it ready for her class showing. She finished it and covered it, not looking back.
At the unveiling there were many gasps around the room. Her painting contained blood, guns, knives, and other murder items.
1) I provide a one-word prompt.
2) Write anything you want using that prompt, either as inspiration or as part of your 100 Words.(That means you don’t have to actually use the prompt word, it can be implied.)
3) Your story has to be EXACTLY 100 words (because someone will ask, hyphenated words count as a single word.) This is the one rule I will be a stickler about.
4) Submit your story here as a comment, as a Facebook status, or as a blog post. (Add the specific FB status or post’s URL to the Mr. Linky list just under the prompt.)
5) If you write a blog post, please link back to this post. It makes it easier for me and the other Wordsters to find you.
6) You have one week to write your story and link up (The link stays open, so you can really submit stories whenever… this is the one rule I don’t really enforce.)
Advocate for mental health and invisible illnesses, also a devout Christian