by Teresa Smeigh 2019
The Bingo game was about to start soon. She paid the fee for a spot at one of the tables.
She purchased her cards and she had her Bingo chips with her.
The game started. “B 1,” announced the caller followed by several more in a row. Janice yelled “BINGO!”.
The checker came over to call the numbers for confirmation. The announcer listened and then said, “Sorry, but no BINGO!”
Janice was confused. She looked down at her card and then realized that she had moved one of the chips with the sleeve of her sweater.
NO BINGO! No prize!
1) I provide a one-word prompt.
2) Write anything you want using that prompt, either as inspiration or as part of your 100 Words.(That means you don’t have to actually use the prompt word, it can be implied.)
3) Your story has to be EXACTLY 100 words (because someone will ask, hyphenated words count as a single word.) This is the one rule I will be a stickler about.
4) Submit your story here as a comment, as a Facebook status, or as a blog post. (Add the specific FB status or post’s URL to the Mr. Linky list just under the prompt.)
5) If you write a blog post, please link back to this post. It makes it easier for me and the other Wordsters to find you.
6) You have one week to write your story and link up (The link stays open, so you can really submit stories whenever… this is the one rule I don’t really enforce.)
Advocate for mental health and invisible illnesses, also a devout Christian