Here’s your prompt:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “soul/sole.” Use one, use both, use ’em any way you like. Enjoy!
Here’s the rules from Linda Hill:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
SoCS badge by Pamela, at https://achronicalofhope.com/
Well my mind is on one sole subject nowadays, the insulin pump. Somedays all goes well and then all of a sudden everything goes wrong. i have to enter the info manually as I can’t afford all the expensive extra gadgets they have nowadays that can be added to it. Today I was half asleep and I put the wrong readings in and in the wrong places which upset the meter. Calling them is normally a satisfying experience, but today’s representative I talked to was agitating my soul. I am a gentle soul, but today I was getting my dander up and got absolutely nowhere. I just have to hope that it works out and that when I change the tubing in a little while that I don’t have to call again because if I get him again I will be really annoyed.
I have a terrible headache and I can’t take anything that’s an NSAID because on Tuesday I am supposed to have an injection into my hip. So as that is all the works on my headaches and my arthritis I am in a lot of pain. Painkillers work on the back only.
Advocate for mental health and invisible illnesses, also a devout Christian