By Teresa Smeigh 2019
Nick and his two friends were sitting down to a fancy banquet in this quaint village. They were told they were to be served a special delicacy, but it was to be a surprise.
With growling stomachs, they were looking forward to dinner. Drum rolls started and the local women brought the food out. The plate was set in front of the guys and was covered. The lid was lifted, and the guys just gaped. Held in place, by bony hands, they stared at the delicacy with dismay. It was a human tongue. They had stumbled upon a cannibal village.
PS I looked up cannibal delicacies for this one and found google had it.
1) I provide a one-word prompt.
2) Write anything you want using that prompt, either as inspiration or as part of your 100 Words.(That means you don’t have to actually use the prompt word, it can be implied.)
3) Your story has to be EXACTLY 100 words (because someone will ask, hyphenated words count as a single word.) This is the one rule I will be a stickler about.
4) Submit your story here as a comment, as a Facebook status, or as a blog post. (Add the specific FB status or post’s URL to the Mr. Linky list just under the prompt.)
5) If you write a blog post, please link back to this post. It makes it easier for me and the other Wordsters to find you.
6) You have one week to write your story and link up (The link stays open, so you can really submit stories whenever… this is the one rule I don’t really enforce.)
Advocate for mental health and invisible illnesses, also a devout Christian