Here’s your prompt:
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “lip.” Use it as a word, or find a word with “lip”in it. As always, use any way you’d like. Enjoy!
Here’s the rules from Linda Hill:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
SoCS badge by Pamela, at https://achronicalofhope.com/
Lips can be bright red (see the picture) or natural like I wear them. I don’t even use lip balm most of the time despite my lips being so dry they are crusty and you can feel the dry, rough patches and even pull them off (ugh!). I just don’t like things on my lip and although some people can wear lipstick I find it to be too clownish for most of us, especially me.
For the record I don’t wear make-up at all in any form. I currently can’t wear eye make-up anyhow due to problems with my eyes. I have corneal erosion and that means the corneas (of both eyes unfortunately) have been scratched and damage and scraped in an attempt to fix them. This is gross, but the abraided corneas will attach themselves to my lids during the night or any long term sleeping and then when I open the eyes they water, swell and hurt. The ophthalmologist just applied a new membrane they just developed in an effort to correct this. So far so good. For 2 weeks I had one blurrier than normal eye while the membrane was worn for a week each with a protective contact lens. Kind of weird, but so far no problems. Sorry I got off track on a running commentary LOL!
Advocate for mental health and invisible illnesses, also a devout Christian
Author – http://www.finallyawriter.com (this blog contains my old work mostly although occasionally I do add something new here), new work is mainly on this blog http://www.tessacandoit.com