#WEEKENDCOFFEESHARE : Warmer weather, ac on already, increased pain

#WEEKENDCOFFEESHARE : Warmer weather, ac on already, increased pain

Directions from ECLECTICALLI

Weekend Coffee Share is a time for us to take a break out of our lives and enjoy some time catching up with friends (old and new)!

Grab a cup of coffee and share with us! What’s been going on in your life? What are your weekend plans? Is there a topic you’ve just been ruminating on that you want to talk about?

All are welcome! Just add your link to the Linky-List, and be sure to visit others and join in their conversations! The link will be open from Friday February 8th at 7am (Pacific Time) until Monday February 11th at 7am (Pacific Time) to give us a good range of “weekend”!

*********************************

If we were to have a coffee chat this weekend or maybe ice tea as the temps have risen to the near 70’s or higher at times of the day I would be complaining about the heat in my 6th floor apartment. I have the air on to try and bring it down some. The fans are going too! I doubt we will have too many cold days from now on. I pay electric so running ac from April to October or November is running up my bill. I don’t pay for heat, but then it is hot enough up here I don’t need it and the windows are open all winter except for the the really gusty days where it actually blows the cold air in which isn’t often. I wear shorts every day while in this building. I only wear long pants while outside and soon once the temps settle on hot everyday I will switch to shorts outside as well.

I visited with dad, but it was a bad visit. He was depressed and kept telling me goodbye and I kept saying dad I just got here can’t we visit. I don’t get here often. My sister just texted me that they had a good visit today and he was completely different. We never know what to expect.

Tomorrow is brunch with the BFF. Wait all week for this.

This week was food pantry week. My neighbor and I go to 2 and what we don’t use we share with the other residents. I just finally put what I kept away. Well what I have room for since my cabinets in the kitchen are so high that they aren’t reachable for me even with my step stool. It is finally off the table which is in my living room as there is no room in the kitchen for a table. It is very tiny.

My pain is just so bad right now. And to top it off the pain doctor cut my pain pills from 4 a day to 3 a day. That sucks and not sure why she did it. I wouldn’t have known if I hadn’t checked the slip that came with them.

Have a great week everyone!

Tessa

Advocate for mental health and invisible illnesses, also a devout Christian

Author – http://www.finallyawriter.com (this blog contains my old work mostly although occasionally I do add something new here), new work is mainly on this blog http://www.tessacandoit.com

16 thoughts on “#WEEKENDCOFFEESHARE : Warmer weather, ac on already, increased pain

1. Lizl Bennefeld

My sympathies on the too hot apartment. I also have trouble tolerating the heat (which is not a problem here in North Dakota, right now). Anything above the mid-70s, and I have problems. It is a concern, having meds cut back without any sort of consultation on why it’s being done. Hope that that will be straightened out or explained to your satisfaction.

Best wishes for your week!

Liked by 1 person

2. TammyB

The heat is hard to adjust to when it comes all of a sudden. Sorry the visit with your dad was not a good one. Hopefully, next time he will be better and you will be able to have a chat. Glad to find you from the link up!

Liked by 1 person

1. Tessa Post author

Thank you! We never know what mood we will find our dad in. Just have to go for it. My sister got yelled at one time and ordered to leave. He was really bad that day. I am sitting here with the air on and my shorts. The ac will be running fairly non-stop from now on.

Liked by 1 person

3. Writing Sparkle

It is still a bit chilly here, but it is the damp chill now as the season shifts. Had to turn the heat up a couple notches yesterday to pull that chill out before it settled into the bones.

Sorry to hear y our visit didn’t go well.

Hope you have a great lunch date with your friend. I am excited because I have a lunch date with a friend this week too. Can’t wait.

Thanks for coffee.

Liked by 1 person

4. Gary A Wilson

Hi Tessa,
    It must be annoying to not have better control over the temperature in your unit, but I’m glad you and your friend got to enjoy some time together again. A good friend is the best healing therapy sometimes.

Blessings

Liked by 1 person

1. Tessa Post author

Thank you! Yes I appreciate her. We met late in life but she has been the best friend possible. I do hate how hot it is up here even all winter. Nothing like wearing shorts all winter in a cold climate.

5. Sagittarius Viking

When you’re describing your apartment it made me think of an apartment one of my friends had for several years. Her apartment was on the 23rd floor, and had it’s very own climate. It was usually NOT cold..
    I hope your weekend, and next week is better than previous days.

Liked by 1 person

6. Kathleen Howell

As much as I’d love the heat right now, I know how expensive it can get when you live on an upper floor. I hope you have better visits with your Dad.. Mine is very, very hard of hearing and phone calls are challenging. I wish you all the very best and also answers in regarding to your pain medication.. ❤

Liked by 1 person

1. Tessa Post author

It was really warm the last few days and most of today, but then the wind started to gust and the temps dropped and now I have everything turned off and am chilly as the wind keeps shaking my windows so they rise up and the cold comes in through the small crack. The pieces to lock it down aren’t holding up against this wind. At this rate I will have the heat on tonight if it doesn’t calm down.

Feel free to leave any feedback!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s