100 Word Challenge : This week’s word is Interrupted
Now that I have become obsessed with writing my memoirs, I hate being interrupted. Since you write a memoir as a piece of your life it’s possible to write more than one. I have been currently writing a segment starting with my marriage to my now ex-husband and his joining the Marine Corps. It runs through until we finally decided to call our marriage quits and went for the divorce. It has been 20 years since the day it was final. Now I am trying to decide whether to write two or try to incorporate my childhood into this one.
1) I provide a one-word prompt.
2) Write anything you want using that prompt, either as inspiration or as part of your 100 Words.(That means you don’t have to actually use the prompt word, it can be implied.)
3) Your story has to be EXACTLY 100 words (because someone will ask, hyphenated words count as a single word.) This is the one rule I will be a stickler about.
4) Submit your story here as a comment, as a Facebook status, or as a blog post. (Add the specific FB status or post’s URL to the Mr. Linky list just under the prompt.)
5) If you write a blog post, please link back to this post. It makes it easier for me and the other Wordsters to find you.
6) You have one week to write your story and link up (The link stays open, so you can really submit stories whenever… this is the one rule I don’t really enforce.)
Advocate for mental health and invisible illnesses, also a devout Christian