100 Word Challenge : This week’s word is HOLY
Several years ago, I decided it was time to come back to my faith in the Lord. For forty years I had let my faith in him go. I blamed him for my whole lousy, stinking life. Everything was his fault. I just couldn’t understand how a supposedly kind and loving God could let so much sadness and strife go on in this world. I made myself promise to read the Holy Bible again. Like so many promises in this life, I screwed this one up too. Needless to say, I never read it. I got maybe halfway through Genesis.
1) I provide a one-word prompt.
2) Write anything you want using that prompt, either as inspiration or as part of your 100 Words.(That means you don’t have to actually use the prompt word, it can be implied.)
3) Your story has to be EXACTLY 100 words (because someone will ask, hyphenated words count as a single word.) This is the one rule I will be a stickler about.
4) Submit your story here as a comment, as a Facebook status, or as a blog post. (Add the specific FB status or post’s URL to the Mr. Linky list just under the prompt.)
5) If you write a blog post, please link back to this post. It makes it easier for me and the other Wordsters to find you.
6) You have one week to write your story and link up (The link stays open, so you can really submit stories whenever… this is the one rule I don’t really enforce.)
Advocate for mental health and invisible illnesses, also a devout Christian