100 Word Challenge : This week’s word is ESCAPE
There are days even weeks or longer where I need to escape my life. I just can’t tolerate the real world anymore. If it’s bad, reading won’t work because I simply won’t be able to get into a book. I have many around here I have started, but not finished.
I can binge tv shows on Netflix and lose myself in something. The hours go by and I rarely notice it. I can also binge on DIY shows, flipping houses and cooking shows even though I hate to cook. I love the baking shows with fancy cakes and cupcakes. Yum!
1) I provide a one-word prompt.
2) Write anything you want using that prompt, either as inspiration or as part of your 100 Words.(That means you don’t have to actually use the prompt word, it can be implied.)
3) Your story has to be EXACTLY 100 words (because someone will ask, hyphenated words count as a single word.) This is the one rule I will be a stickler about.
4) Submit your story here as a comment, as a Facebook status, or as a blog post. (Add the specific FB status or post’s URL to the Mr. Linky list just under the prompt.)
5) If you write a blog post, please link back to this post. It makes it easier for me and the other Wordsters to find you.
6) You have one week to write your story and link up (The link stays open, so you can really submit stories whenever… this is the one rule I don’t really enforce.)
Advocate for mental health and invisible illnesses, also a devout Christian