I am usually in denial when it comes to writing a story. I don’t like the happy endings so many people who read look for in whatever they are reading.
The way I figure it, life is not always a happy ending. Most of my life is not happy endings as will be part of my memoir. Don’t get me wrong, there will be some happy stuff as my entire life wasn’t a disaster either.
You can’t convince me that someone, doesn’t have a plan for me, but I am not thinking it is going to be a happy one.
1) I provide a one-word prompt.
2) Write anything you want using that prompt, either as inspiration or as part of your 100 Words. (That means you don’t have to actually use the prompt word, it can be implied.)
3) Your story has to be EXACTLY 100 words (because someone will ask, hyphenated words count as a single word.) This is the one rule I will be a stickler about.
4) Submit your story here as a comment, as a Facebook status, or as a blog post. (Add the specific FB status or post’s URL to the Mr. Linky list just under the prompt.)
5) If you write a blog post, please link back to this post. It makes it easier for me and the other Wordsters to find you.
6) You have one week to write your story and link up (The link stays open, so you can really submit stories whenever… this is the one rule I don’t really enforce.)
Advocate for mental health and invisible illnesses, also a devout Christian