I’m not particularly fond of lizards. Thankfully there are not a lot of them in New Jersey. I have occasionally found one around here, but thankfully not many. My son, now living in North Carolina, has sent me pictures of lizards. When he was a child, he did try to raise lizards, but they kept dying in the tank he had to keep them in.
Now when we visited Florida, the house we stayed in, had a huge screened in yard so they could keep their house open but didn’t have to worry about lizards and other creatures getting in.
1) I provide a one-word prompt.
2) Write anything you want using that prompt, either as inspiration or as part of your 100 Words. (That means you don’t have to actually use the prompt word, it can be implied.)
3) Your story has to be EXACTLY 100 words (because someone will ask, hyphenated words count as a single word.) This is the one rule I will be a stickler about.
4) Submit your story here as a comment, as a Facebook status, or as a blog post. (Add the specific FB status or post’s URL to the Mr. Linky list just under the prompt.)
5) If you write a blog post, please link back to this post. It makes it easier for me and the other Wordsters to find you.
6) You have one week to write your story and link up (The link stays open, so you can really submit stories whenever… this is the one rule I don’t really enforce.)
Advocate for mental health and invisible illnesses, also a devout Christian