I can’t use skinny to describe myself anymore. Skinny hasn’t defined me since I had my first baby. After that first birth, I just kept adding more weight on. Now my last baby was 32 years ago, and I am still gaining weight.
Said child came to see his mother this weekend. He moved several states away and has adopted the vagabond lifestyle. I am glad he came to see his friends and me too.
They have decided to go camping for two of the nights he’s here. He spent the first night with me. He’s leaving on Monday sometime.
1) I provide a one-word prompt.
2) Write anything you want using that prompt, either as inspiration or as part of your 100 Words. (That means you don’t have to actually use the prompt word, it can be implied.)
3) Your story has to be EXACTLY 100 words (because someone will ask, hyphenated words count as a single word.) This is the one rule I will be a stickler about.
4) Submit your story here as a comment, as a Facebook status, or as a blog post. (Add the specific FB status or post’s URL to the Mr. Linky list just under the prompt.)
5) If you write a blog post, please link back to this post. It makes it easier for me and the other Wordsters to find you.
6) You have one week to write your story and link up (The link stays open, so you can really submit stories whenever… this is the one rule I don’t really enforce.)
Advocate for mental health and invisible illnesses, also a devout Christian
Author of a book, a work in progress on the blog, https://tessacandoit.com/government-property-a-memoir-as-a-military-wife/
Highlighted chapters are done and ready to be read.