As I moved into my new apartment, I was overwhelmed by the heat, and it was only mid-April. I continued moving into my apartment, and someone came to meet me, my new neighbor and she was telling me about how hot it gets up on the 6th floor as the heat rises so by April we have to use the AC and long into November we are still using them. She also mentioned that we have to keep the windows open during most of the winter with the fans running. It is rare to have to turn on the heat.
By the way, she was right!
1) I provide a one-word prompt.
2) Write anything you want using that prompt, either as inspiration or as part of your 100 Words. (That means you don’t have to actually use the prompt word, it can be implied.)
3) Your story has to be EXACTLY 100 words (because someone will ask, hyphenated words count as a single word.) This is the one rule I will be a stickler about.
4) Submit your story here as a comment, as a Facebook status, or as a blog post. (Add the specific FB status or post’s URL to the Mr. Linky list just under the prompt.)
5) If you write a blog post, please link back to this post. It makes it easier for me and the other Wordsters to find you.
6) You have one week to write your story and link up (The link stays open, so you can really submit stories whenever… this is the one rule I don’t really enforce.)
Advocate for mental health and invisible illnesses, also a devout Christian
Author of a book, a work in progress on the blog, https://tessacandoit.com/government-property-a-memoir-as-a-military-wife/
Highlighted chapters are done and ready to be read.