Prompt #1 Write a narrative of what works for you when in the midst of a crisis, such as, anxiety/panic attack or a manic episode. Please give an example of what happened, and how you broke free from it.
Example: Coping skills, talking to a family member or a friend, and/or therapy, mediations… (Just to name a few).
I suffer from panic attacks and I find that deep breathing and talking to myself helps. I might chant “You can do this!” While driving I would pull off the road and get myself back under control. Taking a train trip by myself and having to switch trains twice was nerve-wracking and the panic attacks started me off deep breathing and telling myself that you don’t want to lose it here, no one knows where you are and you don’t want to land in a psychiatric unit in a part of the state you aren’t familiar with.
I also suffer from manic episodes. A couple of years ago I had one that landed me in the hospital. I was having delusions which got me labeled Bipolar 1 with Psychosis. All the sounds were magnified and we lived near a train track, an airport and even the neighbors sounded overly loud. I swore people were staring in my second-floor window.
I talked to my son and dad about what I was seeing and hearing and the final consensus was that I needed to go to the hospital for that one. They didn’t even trust driving me as they weren’t sure how wild I might end up. An ambulance was called and I was transported for that one.
I thank each and every one of you in advance for participating in the “Working on Us” series. Remember, we share because we care.
Take Care & God Bless,
- Write your own post and create a pingback to the original post here.
- There are no right or wrong answers. Write in any format you see fit. (Answer’s, fiction, non-fiction, poetry, poem, short prose…anything).
- You can do one or all prompts.
- You have from July 3rd. through to July 9th to submit your entries.
- Please reblog the original post in order to spread more awareness.
- If you the blogger have a suggestion/question you want to ask in the future weeks, please submit them in the comment section of this post.
- Let’s see if we can get some men involved in this weeks prompts, your feelings a validated here too!
- Plus, as an added bonus, whoever responds to the following prompts will automatically be reblogged to promote your blog site!
Advocate for mental health and invisible illnesses, also a devout Christian
Author of a book, a work in progress on the blog, https://tessacandoit.com/government-property-a-memoir-as-a-military-wife/
Highlighted chapters are done and ready to be read.