I was in the kitchen at work one day when I heard the fire alarm. I tried to see how we could exit the building from the back. There was a tiny path.
Suddenly I was paralyzed with fear. Someone pulled me to the back of the building.
There was only one way we could go. The front had been cut off by the fire.
We ran along the small path covering our heads with our hands as the windows were exploding overhead raining down fire and glass on us. The beast of the fire was rapidly on our tails.
1) I provide a one-word prompt.
2) Write anything you want using that prompt, either as inspiration or as part of your 100 Words. (That means you don’t have to actually use the prompt word, it can be implied.)
3) Your story has to be EXACTLY 100 words (because someone will ask, hyphenated words count as a single word.) This is the one rule I will be a stickler about.
4) Submit your story here as a comment, as a Facebook status, or as a blog post. (Add the specific FB status or post’s URL to the Mr. Linky list just under the prompt.)
5) If you write a blog post, please link back to this post. It makes it easier for me and the other Wordsters to find you.
6) You have one week to write your story and link up (The link stays open, so you can really submit stories whenever… this is the one rule I don’t really enforce.)
Advocate for mental health and invisible illnesses, also a devout Christian
Author of a book, a work in progress on the blog, https://tessacandoit.com/government-property-a-memoir-as-a-military-wife/
Highlighted chapters are done and ready to be read.