by Teresa Smeigh 2019
Mona was looking forward to her cruise to Mexico with three of her friends. Mary was giving her a ticket.
Happily, the girls chatted over the weeks leading up to the trip.
The day they were to take off, she lugged her luggage to the curb and waited for the transport to the ship. When she arrived, the other girls were ignoring her.
“What’s up Mary?”
“You have the nerve to ask me that? What about Jack?”
“What do you mean?”
“I will not give a ticket to a man-stealer. I just found a love letter from you to Jack!”
1) I provide a one-word prompt.
2) Write anything you want using that prompt, either as inspiration or as part of your 100 Words.(That means you don’t have to actually use the prompt word, it can be implied.)
3) Your story has to be EXACTLY 100 words (because someone will ask, hyphenated words count as a single word.) This is the one rule I will be a stickler about.
4) Submit your story here as a comment, as a Facebook status, or as a blog post. (Add the specific FB status or post’s URL to the Mr. Linky list just under the prompt.)
5) If you write a blog post, please link back to this post. It makes it easier for me and the other Wordsters to find you.
6) You have one week to write your story and link up (The link stays open, so you can really submit stories whenever… this is the one rule I don’t really enforce.)
Advocate for mental health and invisible illnesses, also a devout Christian