Prompt #1 Questions
- Have you ever experienced suicidal thoughts? Yes and quite often.
- Have you ever attempted suicide? Yes, I did try, but fortunately, I didn’t succeed. My daughter had me committed.
- Were you ever hospitalized for a suicidal attempt and/or ideation? Yes, twice and the first time it was for 9 days and not voluntary. The second time I went in voluntarily so only had to stay 3 days if they thought I was fit to leave.
- When you were hospitalized, what was your experience like? Being locked in and knowing you are not allowed to leave when you want or do what you want is hard to deal with. All your belongings are gone through and you could only eat with plastic cutlery. Family visitation was very short. Anything with laces was taken away or they took the laces out. You went to bed when they said and got up when they said and they checked your room every 15 minutes at night to make sure you are in bed and sleeping. It was pure hell.
- Do you ever feel suicidal ideation since your release? Yes occasionally, but I promised my family I would not do it again which sometimes is hard to honor.
I thank each and every one of you in advance for participating in the “Working on Us” series. Remember, we share because we care.
Take Care & God Bless,
- Write your own post and create a pingback to the original post here.
- There are no right or wrong answers. Write in any format you see fit. (Answer’s, fiction, non-fiction, poetry, poem, short prose…anything).
- You can do one or all prompts.
- You have from July 3rd. through to July 9th to submit your entries.
- Please reblog the original post in order to spread more awareness.
- If you the blogger have a suggestion/question you want to ask in the future weeks, please submit them in the comment section of this post.
- Let’s see if we can get some men involved in this weeks prompts, your feelings a validated here too!
- Plus, as an added bonus, whoever responds to the following prompts will automatically be reblogged to promote your blog site!
Advocate for mental health and invisible illnesses, also a devout Christian
Author of a book, a work in progress on the blog, https://tessacandoit.com/government-property-a-memoir-as-a-military-wife/
Highlighted chapters are done and ready to be read.